Benefits & Salary
It is hard to find an opportunity that can combine experience with children, travel and study all in one package. Being an au pair and living with an American host family is an adventure, and one you will never forget!
Here are the benefits:
- Flight tickets and travel arrangements to and from your host family are covered, and the programme begins with a four-day training school in Long Island, New York
- Your room and board will be provided by your host family. This includes all meals.
- You will receive a weekly stipend of USD$195.75 per week (approximately R8,000 a month). As your living costs will be covered; this stipend will be your pocket money!
- As part of your visa you will enrol in classes at a local college or university. Your host family will contribute USD$500 toward your studies (approximately R5,500).
- You are entitled to 2 weeks paid holiday during your au pair stay as well as an additional month to travel the USA once you have completed your au pair experience.
After your first year, you have the option to extend for 6, 9 or 12 additional months. There is really no other way to combine working with children, study and travel - being a Cultural Care au pair is the experience of a lifetime!