Coverage Options while in the USA
As American health care is extremely costly it is strongly recommended that every au pair purchase additional health coverage for their stay abroad. The last thing you need to worry about are hospital bills! Cultural Care Au Pair has partnered with Erika Insurance Ltd. and created a custom travel policy unique for au pairs.
Erika Comprehensive Coverage
While your programme fee includes a basic medical coverage, it does have its limits. The limits can easily be exceeded due to illness or an accident. Getting Comprehensive Coverage will give you definite peace of mind. Below is what is covered with the Erika Comprehensive Coverage. And please note that taking this insurance is not mandatory but providing proof that you have obtained comprehensive coverage (with Erika or elsewhere) before travelling is mandatory.
- Unlimited coverage for medical expenses
- Coverage for the cost of family member flights in an emergency
- Coverage for loss of baggage and property damage or theft
- Flights home and return if your programme is interrupted due to a death or serious illness in your immediate family
- 24 hour emergency assistance via their toll-free number
- Lower deductibles and “co-payments”
- Support from our staff in filing and following up on your claim.
- Vital Savings Discount Card. This valuable card gets you discounts on:
- Dental care
- Routine medications
- Fitness clubs
Erika 13th Month Travel Coverage
Do you plan on travelling for your additional 13th month? If so, make sure you are covered for anything that could happen with Extended 13th Month Coverage.
Sports & Adventure Supplement
You never know what you might try during your au pair stay. Snowboarding with your host family or whitewater rafting with your au pair group? If you plan on participating in any activities that are not covered in the normal packages, it is strongly encouraged you purchase the Sports & Adventure Supplement to guarantee your fun will not be interrupted!